University and Course
Why You Should Learn Turkish Language?
Why You Should Learn Turkish Language?
Today, the Turkish language – the 5th most common language after Chinese, English, Spanish and Hindi – is spoken by 220 million people in an area of approximately 12 million square kilometers and being taught in more than 100 countries.
Turkish language is a phonetic language, so you speak the words in the same way that they are written. Learning Turkish is important now because there are so many international companies, probably even in your country that operating with Turkish ones and do business in Turkey.
There are many reasons to study Turkish language:
- Cultural immersion: Learning Turkish can help international students immerse themselves in the local culture and way of life, gaining a deeper understanding and appreciation for the traditions and customs of Turkey.
- Better communication: Knowing Turkish can make it easier for international students to communicate with locals, which can help them navigate day-to-day life, build relationships, and gain a deeper understanding of the country.
- Career opportunities: Turkey is a rapidly growing economy with a strategic location that serves as a hub for international trade and commerce. Knowing Turkish can open up career opportunities in fields such as business, finance, tourism, and international relations.
- Educational opportunities: Many universities in Turkey offer courses in English, but knowing Turkish can give international students access to a wider range of academic opportunities, including research and study programs.
- Personal growth: Learning Turkish is a challenge that can help international students develop cognitive skills, improve memory, and enhance problem-solving abilities, leading to personal growth and self-improvement.
- Travel: Turkey is a popular tourist destination with a rich history and diverse landscapes. Knowing Turkish can make it easier for international students to travel, communicate with locals, and explore the country.
- Art and literature: Turkish literature and art have a long and storied history that stretches back centuries. Knowing Turkish can give international students access to a wealth of works that have yet to be translated into English, and deepen their understanding and appreciation of Turkish culture.
- Social connections: Knowing Turkish can help international students make friends and build relationships with locals, leading to a deeper understanding and appreciation of Turkish culture.
- Multilingualism: Knowing Turkish can make international students more multilingual and improve their ability to learn other languages.
- Adaptability: Learning Turkish can help international students become more adaptable and open-minded, as they learn to navigate a new culture and way of life, leading to personal growth and a wider perspective.
- Access to local media: Knowing Turkish can give international students access to local newspapers, magazines, TV shows, and movies, providing insight into Turkish culture and current events.
- International recognition: Turkish is spoken by over 80 million people worldwide and is an official language in several countries. Knowing Turkish can give international students an advantage in their future careers, especially in fields such as international relations and diplomacy.
- Cultural exchange: Learning Turkish can facilitate cultural exchange between international students and locals, promoting mutual understanding and respect.
- Scholarships: Some universities in Turkey offer scholarships for international students who demonstrate proficiency in Turkish, providing financial support for their education.
- Unique learning experience: Learning Turkish is a unique and challenging experience that can provide international students with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, and open up new opportunities for personal and professional growth.