Kadir Has University (KHU) was founded in 1997, in Istanbul. The university, with its five faculties of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Law and Fine Arts, as well as its several vocational schools, is dedicated to becoming a leader in educational and cultural fields in Turkey, as well as establishing itself as an international center for research and scientific development.
Kadir Has University is located on the grounds of the Historical Tekel Cibali Works, which began operations in 1884 as the state tobacco depot and cigarette factory and continued to operate until the founding of the university, when the building was faithfully renovated and transformed into the main campus. Located on the shores of the Golden Horn in an area of Istanbul particularly rich in history, the main campus building, a recipient of the Europa Nostra Award, is ideally suited to the dynamics of today’s world as a center for research and education. The interior of Kadir Has University’s Cibali campus measures over 45,000 square meters, with classrooms, labs, and the university’s central library, in addition to faculties, institutes, the rectorate and deans' offices.
The mission of Kadir Has University is;