Istanbul Okan University is a campus university with 10 faculties, Medical Hospital, Dentistry Hospital and more than 25.000 students. We provide education of vocational, undergraduate and graduate programs as well short- and long-term professional trainings. The motto of our university is being close to the business life. In this respect we do have close relationships between national as well as international companies. Within the university and industry relationship we send our students for internship as well as cooperative learning long term internship to the companies. In addition to them we meet the training needs of those companies and conduct joint research.
- İstanbul Okan University attaches particular importance to the “internationalization” of its programs, student body and campuses.
- İstanbul Okan University is home to both national and international undergraduate and graduate students, who have a wide choice of programs in both English and Turkish that offer internationally with the recognized diploma.
- In addition to MBA programs we provide variety of graduate programs (master & Ph.D.) in engineering as well (Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Engineering etc.). We also provide specially designed professional training programs and HNC-HND programs. English teaching competency of our university is exceptional with the support of blended learning tools of Blackboard and Pearson.
- It is the closest university to business life and a leader in University-Business Cooperation that combines theory and practice by employing distinguished academic staff and inviting expert professionals to lecture in order to prepare our students for successful careers.
- With close cooperation with various business sectors, the university has developed curricula and internship programs for its students to enhance their employability skills and to prepare them for business life in a supportive way.
- Istanbul Okan University is authorized by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) to provide modular flight training. Flight training parts of the courses are carried out by Atlantic Flight Academy (AFA) which is our partner.
- Okan University also gives particular importance to its international relations and connections such as ISEP, Erasmus, and EUA.
- Our Erasmus Program Office coordinates and implements our bilateral and multilateral agreements and protocols with European universities while helping students find and select universities for study-abroad programs. It is also a member of the European Higher Education Area.
Okan University, one of the youngest and the most dynamic universities of Turkey, was founded by Okan Culture, Education, and Sports Foundation in 1999 and began its academic life in 2003-2004.
Since the 2006-2007 academic year, the rapidly growing university has been located in its new and modern Akfırat campus. Now, it reached 63 undergraduate, 41 master, and 13 Ph. D. programs under eight faculties, two vocational schools, and three graduate schools.
True to its motto, “The University Closest to Business Life,” Okan University effectively combines theory and practice by employing an academic staff who are experts in their own fields, adopting a contemporary approach to education, and focussing upon practice-oriented studies which prepare the students for business life, starting from students’ very first year of study. Indeed, the university, which had the pleasure of presenting its first graduates with their diplomas in 2006-2007, has fulfilled the promise of its motto, as all members of its first graduating class of graduates have found employment.
- To train students to think in an analytical, interdisciplinary way, and to instill them with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- To invest in and support innovative scientists and scholars who are able to successfully integrate education and training and thus help our students to become exceptional graduates in their respective fields.
- To concentrate on educational and research activities directed at meeting the needs of society by making social responsibility and environmental consciousness our priority.
- To convert information into technology and social benefit.
Our vision is to become a world-class university which contributes to the betterment of the nation and its business life by providing education of the highest standards and thereby preparing its students to enter the modern business world, ensuring that they are open to domestic and foreign competition, and instilling them with social responsibility and environmental consciousness.